Thank you for your quick reply!

2011/10/3 Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz / ruby-lang.org>:
> my must-have list for the language is:
>
>  Module#prepend
>  keyword arguments (decomposition of hash argument in callee)

Great.  I think that the specifications of these are almost
concluded, right?

> And if-possible list is:
>
>  refinement
>  renaming methods and constant lookup resolution for #include
>
> The current reference implementation slows down method calls to 5-15%
> so that unless we could find how to implement it faster before the
> deadline (Fall 2012 maybe), I think we should give it up for 2.0.

I absolutely agree.

> The implementation issues are not covered here.    > thing such as new GC, better Windows performance, better VM
> performance, etc.
> first.

To decide an idea of 2.0 release schedule, we should consider
the implementation issues too.  There is any candidate of
"must-have" among them?
This is a "provisional" decision.  Don't hesitate to state
just candidates.

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>