Hello,

2011ǯ10216:21 SASADA Koichi <ko1 / atdot.net>:
> We need to conclude 2.0 specification before we release 2.0 (of
> course!).  What is good way to do?  As we can see on the posts from
> [ruby-core:39810], we have many requirements on 2.0 (in other words,
> dreams on 2.0).  And we need more discussion about not-concluded
> features at least Matz want to introduce.
>
> How to decide them?  Can anyone be a chair?

Actually, it is impossible to decide all of them, I think.

So we should first distinguish between "Dreams" and "Requirements."
"Dreams" are what feature we (or some people) want, but we don't
necessarily have to conclude by 2.0.  "Requirements" are what
feature we *must* conclude and implement, typically, which is
"what matz and/or 2.0 release manager want."

Then, let's make a provisional decision for the "Requirements."
It may change depending on matz's mood, but will serve as
"polestar" to 2.0 release.

Matz, what feature are "Requirements?"
You are the only one who can decide them because there is no
2.0 release manager currently.

Once, I heard from matz the only four "Requirements", though
I forgot one:

- Module#prepend
- Refinements, Classbox, or something to do the similar
- keyword arguments (or, named parameter)
- ???

After "Requirements" are provisionally fixed, let's discuss
about them in individual feature tickets.
There are already tickets for Module#prepend and Refinements:

  - http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/1102
      (and the thread from [ruby-core:25208])
  - http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/show/4085

Both are a bit long, though.  Could anyone summarize them? :-)

Note that I do not mean "Dreams" will not be included in 2.0.
If a specification of a "Dream" is approved by matz, and
someone write a valid patch by 2.0 freeze, the "Dream" will
come true.

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>