Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:39822] Re: 2.0 feature questionnaire"
    on Sun, 2 Oct 2011 15:45:29 +0900, Jeremy Kemper <jeremy / bitsweat.net> writes:

|Thank you for the list. I'd like to introduce:
|
|1. Module#prepend. Include a module ahead of the ancestor chain.

We'll do.

|2. Refinements. @shugo's proposal.

Current reference implementation slows down everything from 5-15%,
that is not acceptable.  Unless we come up with good implementation,
we have to wait until further future.

|3. MVM, with inter-vm message passing.

I have not decided yet, but since MVM requires incompatible changes to
C API, so we might pend it to Ruby 3.0.

|4. Fast, native debugger. We have ruby-debug19, but it relies on
|internal headers and API so it's hard to build and often broken.

We are discussing adding more probes, such as DTrace. These probes
would allow us to implement efficient debugger.

|5. Easy module dependencies and a hook for "included in a class."
|Nesting modules to build up behavior could be friendlier and more
|concise.

|# Concise form:
|module A
|  class_included { print 'A' }
|end

This is new and interesting idea.  Let us consider it.

							matz.