Hi,

In message "Re: [ruby-core:39815] Re: 2.0 feature questionnaire"
    on Sun, 2 Oct 2011 04:38:05 +0900, Jon <jon.forums / gmail.com> writes:

|One issue that continually fails to gain sustainable traction is identifying
|the root causes and fixing the 1.9.x IO performance regressions on Windows.

Besides I've heard that the IO performance has been improved on 1.9.3;
since the reason behind so called performance regressions on Windows
is mostly lack of resource, not lack of interest, mere claiming would
not help us at all.  Complaining motivates us opposite way.  We need
more contributors with deep knowledge of C programming on Windows.
Currently we have only one volunteer (with no payment).  I sympathize
his burden and stress.

							matz.