# No, I wasn't at _ko1's talk.

(10/01/2011 04:53 PM), Chuck Remes wrote:
> Thanks for the list. Here are my additions. Some may be duplicates (e.g. "Cleanup syntax" is ambiguous).
>
> - Remove confusing/surprising splat syntax and *behavior* for methods & blocks, e.g. array.each { |a,| ... }

This is also ambiguous, because now I don't get surprised to those syntaxes.

> - Non-blocking *file* I/O

We already have.

> - Move stdlib to gems

This is going to happen.

> - Remove GIL
>
> - C Extension API that allows you to remove the GIL

I bet you don't understand.  Otherwise you just don't know
rb_thread_call_without_gvl().

> - Remove confusing proc/lambda/Proc differences

proc is Proc and lambda is ->(){}.  No confusion now.

> - Support passing multiple blocks to methods like smalltalk

"like smalltalk" ? You mean

  method -> { block1 }, -> { block2 }, ...

is something different from Smalltalk blocks?