On Oct 1, 2011, at 9:19 AM, SASADA Koichi wrote:

> I made a questionnaire "What do you want to introduce in 2.0?" in my
> RubyConf2011 presentation.
>
> Followings are results from my memo.  My memo should be incomplete, so
> please complement them.
>

> - Cleanup syntax
> - Bytecode export
> - Symbol GC
> - Remove Proc binding
> - Macros
> - Getting parse tree
> - Getting source code
> - Cross thread Fiber migration
> - Standard Gem
> - Review all standard libraries
> - Remove obsolete one standard libraries
> - Improve Proc#curry
> - Non-blocking I/O
> - Dtrace
> - GC API (replacable GC)

Thanks for the list. Here are my additions. Some may be duplicates (e.g. "Cleanup syntax" is ambiguous).

- Remove confusing/surprising splat syntax and *behavior* for methods & blocks, e.g. array.each { |a,| ... }

- Non-blocking *file* I/O

- Move stdlib to gems

- Remove GIL

- C Extension API that allows you to remove the GIL

- Remove confusing proc/lambda/Proc differences

- Support passing multiple blocks to methods like smalltalk