Hello, sorry for late reply.  I had a short trip.

2011/9/17 Christoph Olszowka <christoph / olszowka.de>:
> I'm the author of the simplecov gem, a wrapper on top of the Coverage library.

Thank you for the useful gem!  simplecov is one of my favorite gems.

> I forked the application and added some instructions to the readme. You can find it at https://github.com/colszowka/coverage-bug

Great, thank you for tracking the bug and providing the reproducing code!
But, I cannot repro very unfortunately.  I explain what I did.

I tried to follow your instruction, but rake db:migrate failed.

  $ ruby -v
  ruby 1.9.2p290 (2011-07-09 revision 32553) [i686-linux]

  $ git clone https://github.com/colszowka/coverage-bug.git

  $ cd coverage-bug

  $ bundle

  $ rake db:migrate
  (in /home/mame/work/ruby/coverage-bug)
  rake aborted!
  uninitialized constant Rake::DSL
  *snip*

By searching the web, I knew it seems rake and rails version conflict.
So I added "gem 'rake', '0.8.7'" to Gemfile, and rake db:migrate succeeded:

  $ bundle update rake

  $ rake db:migrate

Then, I can see the results of rake spec:

  $ rake spec
  (in /home/mame/work/ruby/coverage-bug)
  /home/mame/local/bin/ruby -S bundle exec rspec
./spec/requests/competitions_spec.rb ./spec/models/competition_spec.rb
  No DRb server is running. Running in local process instead ...

  Competition
    GET /competitions/:id
      should display basic information

  Competition
    validations
      should require ends_at >= starts_at

  Finished in 0.58459 seconds
  2 examples, 0 failures
  ["/home/mame/work/ruby/coverage-bug/app/models/competition.rb",
   [1, 1, nil, 1, 1, nil, 1, 1, 2, 2, nil, nil, nil]]

and with changing 1 == 2 to 1 == 1,

  $ rake spec
  *snip*
  ["/home/mame/work/ruby/coverage-bug/app/models/competition.rb",
   [1, 1, nil, 1, 1, nil, 1, 1, 2, 2, nil, nil, nil]]

Looks like the two results are same.  I'm not sure if it is correct,
though.
Please let me know if I did not do it right, or if anyone suceeded to
reproduce the bug.

The reproducing code is not so simple for me to read it directly as
I'm not familiar with rails and have no knowledge of factory_girl.
So, I'll frist try to follow the discussion of
https://github.com/colszowka/simplecov/issues/60.
Sorry for my sluggish action.

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>