Hello,

I'm trying to verify the behavior of File.expand_path ~username:

File.expand_path("~oracle/bin")           #=> "/home/oracle/bin"

But on Windows, it consistently result in ArgumentError:

>> File.expand_path "~"
=> "C:/Users/Luis"

>> File.expand_path "~Luis"
ArgumentError: can't find user Luis

The problem seems to be caused by Dir.home (and rb_home_dir) which
results on nil for any parameter supplied to it:

>> Dir.home
=> "C:/Users/Luis"
>> Dir.home "Luis"
=> nil

I couldn't find any particular test in test/test_dir.rb that exercises
this particularity.

Can we consider is a Ruby platform limitation? Is there interest on
this get corrected?

Thank you.
--
Luis Lavena