Hello

On 10 September 2011 19:44, Yusuke ENDOH <mame / tsg.ne.jp> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 2011/9/10 Andrew Grimm <andrew.j.grimm / gmail.com>:

> The words "Advanced", "More helpful", or "Smarter" would be better.

Or perhaps "Detailed"

>> In bullet point 2 of "More steps for reporting", there is "Why is this
>> problem important?". Aren't all bugs important? Some bugs may affect
>> certain uses of Ruby, but not other uses, but does that make a bug
>> unimportant?
>
> Would "significant" or "severe" be more suitable?
> Yes, all bugs are important, and all bug reports are really helpful.
> But release management is also important. So we'd like information
> to decide the priority.

"severity" is used by Debian BTS
>> "Don't use rvm; Prove that it's not rvm's bug." - is this still
>> required? Are people still submitting erroneous bug reports as a
>> result of problems with RVM?
>
> No, I haven't seen such a report lately.
> But I believe that it is important to reduce the cause of a problem.
> And this is just a tip; a reporter does not have to follow it.
> So I think it is good idea to leave it.

Perhaps something like

Mention how you installed ruby (from source, from distribution
packages, which distribution, ruby-installer,..).
If you installed using rvm try with ruby installed by other means. We
used to get a lot of reports which were caused by rvm, not ruby.

Thanks

Michal