Issue #5076 has been updated by Shota Fukumori.

Hi,

I've tested ruby with Xcode 4.2 Developer Preview 7.

Test results are below:

* llvm-gcc with optflags="-O3"

  * build succeeded
  * test-all (with TESTS="-j") fails by parallel.rb (worker process) crashes with "[BUG] Bus Error"
  * test-all (without TESTS="-j") fails by SystemStackError "stack level too deep"
  * At the build process, I saw some deprecated warnings at openssl. Sorry I missed taking the log.

* clang with optflags="-O3"

  * build succeeded
  * test-all (with TESTS="-j") runs successfully.
  * I forgot to check deprecated warnings at openssl...

Yui said at [ruby-core:39316] that:

>* Xcode 4.2 環境の場合: gcc  (llvm-gcc) でも動く模様、gcc-4.2 がない、まだベータ
(Translated:)
>* At the Xcode 4.2 environment: Ruby seems work at gcc (llvm-gcc). There is no gcc-4.2. Still in Beta

As I tested with Xcode 4.2 + llvm-gcc, test-all wasn't passed in my environment :p

-- Japanese below...

Xcode 4.2 Developer Preview 7 でのテスト結果をお知らせします:

* llvm-gcc with optflags="-O3"

  * build は通る
  * test-all (with -j) は [BUG] Bus Error で parallel.rb が死ぬ
  * test-all (without -j) はテストの途中でstack level too deep
  * ビルド時にopenssl周りで大量のdeprecatedが出ていたきがする.ログは取りのがした.

* clang with optflags="-O3"

  * build は通る
  * test-all (with -j) は何事も無く完走
  * openssl周りのdeprecatedがあったかどうかは未確認.

なるせさんが [ruby-core:39316] で
>* Xcode 4.2 環境の場合: gcc  (llvm-gcc) でも動く模様、gcc-4.2 がない、まだベータ

のような事を言っていましたが,手元の環境ではllvm-gccでtest-all完走しなかった…

As I tested with Xcode 4.2 + llvm-gcc, test-all wasn't passed in my environment :p

誰も気づいていなかったようだけど,ruby-coreに大量の日本語が…
Bug #5076: Mac OS X Lion Support
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/5076