> Indeed, this is not a regression. Backports are not always regressions, though.
> Could you explain why you think that only regressions should be included in 1.9.3p0?

Yup. It depend on release schedule. If we have one month testing time,
all bugfixes should
be backported. but now we expected 1.9.3p0 will release very soon.
Actually, our release
schedule already have short delay.

> I feel that the bugs I found recently in {Float|Integer}#round (2 each) and the one in Float#divmod are perfect candidates     > - we are still in preview mode

Yes and no.
Yes, www.ruby-lang.org don't publish 1.9.3-rc1 yet.

However, at [ruby-core:39062], Yugui talked about she would like
to release r33028 as Ruby 1.9.3 RC1. therefore, almost all commiters stopped
to backport their bugfixes into ruby_1_9_3.

I hope you also follow their gentle developement.

Also, I'd like to explain two good high priority request example.

1)  [ruby-core:39268] Luis reported new regression and explained why
it is high priority.
2)  [ruby-core:39298] Yui reported 1.9.3 + Xcode 4.2 Developer Preview
7 don't work at all on Lion.

Both explained clearly why we need to take a risk.

> - these bugs are very localized and are highly unlikely to impact anything else

I have no objection. But, my point is,  _if_ we will backport _all_
localized bugs,
our code impact aren't localized anymore. Therefore we need to make
close out point.

Yugui said, ([ruby-core:39243])
> Soon I'll start final check for release and I believe we can release Ruby.9.3
> in this 1-2 weeks.

If a week before is not a good deadline, when should we close out no
urgent backport request?

> - these bugs can have serious consequences for anyone dealing with calculations (scientific, etc...)

It can. And almost all bugs _can_ make serious fault. so, I don't
think it's a good threshold
for making backporting decision just before the release deadline.

Thank you.