Issue #5288 has been reported by Ernie Miller.

Bug #5288: Method#to_proc Procs have "sticky" bindings
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/5288

Author: Ernie Miller
Assignee:
Category:
Target version: 1.9.2
ruby -v: ruby 1.9.2p290 (2011-07-09 revision 32553) [x86_64-darwin11.1.0]

Please see the attached sample script (or view the gist at https://gist.github.com/1197634).

It would appear that a Proc object that is obtained via Method#to_proc behaves unlike other Procs when used with instance_exec. I'm not entirely sure that this is a bug so much as a gap in documentation, but I found it interesting, in either case, to note the subtle difference.

The summary:

A Proc object created by Method#to_proc doesn't actually allow instance_exec to modify "self" for the block. Sample output is provided in the comments of the attached script.

Thanks in advance!

--
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org