2011/9/5 Marc-Andre Lafortune <ruby-core-mailing-list / marc-andre.ca>:
> Hi,
>
> On Sun, Sep 4, 2011 at 10:10 PM, Urabe Shyouhei <shyouhei / ruby-lang.org> wrote:
>> (09/05/2011 03:54 AM), Marc-Andre Lafortune wrote:
>>> So the questions to be answered are:
>>> - am I missing advantages to CRuby's `test/*`?
>>> - what are the reservations against adding tests to RubySpec?
>>> - is there anything that should be done to make it easier for CRuby's
>>> committers to add tests to RubySpec?
>>
>> Hey, RubySpec and test/ are not hostile each other.  ¨ΒΆφσΆ πμεασε>
> Hey, there actually is a "vs" since a test can be committed to either
> RubySpec or test/ but I doubt any committer will ever take the time to
> do both (as we all have better things to do). Developers must make a
> choice as to where to add new tests.

It means we must run test-all and RubySpec before each commit.

>> Please stop preventing us from adding tests into test/.
>
> Please stop accusing me of something I am not doing.

"us" includes you; you don't add tests.

> Please realize that the reverse is true. I have been told repeatedly
> to add tests to "test/". I prefer adding them to RubySpec and want to
> continue to do so. I am against the notion that "You must add a test
> to test-all when you change CRuby's behavior" [ruby-core:39169].

You can add tests both RubySpec and test/.
What you are doing is, you ignore our historical policy and breaks
test-all's completeness.

> I would like that we all agree on the following: to change CRuby, one
> must add a test, either in RubySpec or in test/. If it is
> implementation specific, it belongs in test/, otherwise it is
> acceptable in either RubySpec or test/. I also believe it would be
> preferable if it was added to RubySpec, but I will not fight over that
> notion.

I disagree.
I want test-all to be complete.

> I apologize in advance if this post sounds confrontational; I simply
> tried to mirror your post. I normally avoid telling people what to do
> (especially with the imperative) or using expressions that can sound
> like I'm annoyed (Hey, ...). I understand english is not everyone's
> native language (it is not mine either) but I would still recommend to
> everybody of being careful about the way a message can be interpreted.

Of course suggestion is welcome.
What I only want to complain is that you stopped to add test before
you get consensus.

--
NARUSE, Yui naruse / airemix.jp>