http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/5240

Author: Lucas Nussbaum
Assignee:
Category:
Target version: 1.9.x
ruby -v: 1.9.3

Hi,

The following test script (derived from a test in bootstraptest/test_fork.rb)
hangs very frequently on Debian GNU/kFreeBSD:
<----
fork { }
puts "after fork"
t = Thread.start { fork{ } }
puts "after fork in thread"
t.join
puts "after join"
--->

Using git bisect, I determined that the commit introducing that regression is
SVN revision 32244:
- that revision hangs
- 32243 does not hang

This bug makes 1.9.3 unsuitable for being uploaded to Debian. So it would be
great if it was fixed before the release. Also, there are other test failures
that I'd like to analyze (but I can't because of that one), so I feel quite
worried about this.

--
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org