> Just to make sure I got it correctly:
>
> After early 2012 and the release of 1.9.4, we would get:
> - trunk => development branch to prepare 2.0
> - ruby_1_9_3 branch => 'stable' branch, bugfix only, to prepare 1.9.3 patch releases
> - ruby_1_9_4 branch => 'stable' branch, bugfix only, to prepare 1.9.4 patch releases
>
> That's all? That sounds excellent to me.
>
> If you can get 1.9.4 released in January 2012, then it can be included
> in Ubuntu 12.04 (which is a long term support release). It might also
> be possible if released in february. But March would be too late.
>
> The next Debian stable release is supposed to freeze in June 2012. So it
> will easily get 1.9.4.

Hmm....

I don't think Jan 2012 is a good release target. It's too short
development time.
And I hope 1.9.4 has ~2 month feature freezing length for keeping quality as
past releases. So, I think March or April is best target. Jun is acceptable
on boundary. Probably July is too late, it might make bad side effect to 2.0
release schedule.