Hi,

Sorry for my late response.

(2011/08/10 7:18), Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> |Matz, do you have schedule in your mind?
> |If you have, please let us know :-)
>
> My opinion is that we should make 1_9 branch after release of 1.9.3.
> Then we will move forward 2.0 works on the trunk.  2.0 works includes
>
>  * keyword argument support for method definitions
>  * Module#mix
>  * Module#prepend
>  * and others (refinement, classbox, or method shelter?)
>
> Currently I don't plan no big change to C API, but Ko1 might have
> different opinion, especially regarding MVM.

I think I need to give up the API (and more about data structure)
changes.  It should be done at 3.0 or later if there is no time/no
person to consider.

And I want to propose the followings:

- Release Ruby 2.0 with new features.
- Release Ruby 1.9.4 with performance changes and bug fixes.

Advantage:
  - We can concentrate on implementing new features on 2.0
    and also can concentrate on improving quality on 1.9.4.
  - If the discussion of new features are not closing,
    we can release 1.9.4 (I think it is most important (*1)).

Disadvantage:
  - It is ambiguous that which branch we should apply bug fixes.

*1: It's depends on [ruby-core:38955].

Release management of Ruby 2.0 by Endo-san is awesome.
If there is no other person can manage 1.9.4, I'll do it (if I can...).

Regards,
Koichi
--
// SASADA Koichi at atdot dot net