Hello,

In message "[ruby-core:38940] Modularization of internal file functions possible?"
    on Aug.13,2011 04:32:37, <luislavena / gmail.com> wrote:
> Over the past months I've been investigating in ways to improve Ruby
> performance on Windows from API changes to profiling.

Great!

> For this I've invested some time and with the great help of the folks
> at RubyInstaller group, did the first exploratory changes here:
>
> https://github.com/luislavena/ruby/compare/ruby:trunk...reduce-windows-api-calls

Thanks to you and all members of RubyInstaller group.

There is a small doubt about these patches.
In translate_char(), CharNext() is called.
Is it guranteed that parameter p is valid encoding (= System ANSI codepage)?

> Will such change viable for inclusion? Development target is trunk
> (possible 1.9.4).

Yes.

Regards,
--