http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/5137

Author: Chris White
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:
ruby -v: ruby 1.9.2p290 (2011-07-09) [x86_64-darwin10.8.0]

I have compiled Ruby trunk, with the following configure options:

./configure --prefix=/Users/chriswhite/Ruby/ruby-trunk

And after that:

make clean && make && make install

When I attempt to run the installed version, I get the following:

SOLAR:ruby chriswhite$ ~/Ruby/ruby-trunk/bin/ruby -v
-bash: /Users/chriswhite/Ruby/ruby-trunk/bin/ruby: Malformed Mach-o file

However, when I run the version in the source tree I get:

SOLAR:ruby chriswhite$ ./ruby -v
ruby 1.9.4dev (2011-08-01 trunk 32800) [x86_64-darwin10.8.0]

It seem that something in the `make install` process is causing this issue, but I'm not sure what it is. The ruby -v I've indicated is the version of ruby used when compiling trunk. This occurs for me on Mac OSX 10.6.8. Let me know any specific information you need and I'll provide it as soon as possible.

--
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org