Issue #5099 has been updated by Luis Lavena.

Michael Klishin wrote:
> Luis: I am sorry but this and YAML parser bug backports have been ignored for months. It is time to step up and bring this to 1.9.2 maintainers attention. Issues like this make me strongly believe that Ruby Core Team doesn't give a damn about 1.9.2. If 35 freaking seconds is not enough of a reason to *backport*, I don't know what is.

The reasoning behind backports has been explained in the past. Bugs are candidates for backports as long it doesn't alter the default behavior of Ruby/stdlib/etc.

If you want to make more easy the life of the 1.9.2 maintainer, please, checkout the branch and perform the manual backport of the corresponding commits, then attach a diff here for the maintainer properly apply.

Sometimes what you consider "35 freaking seconds" takes time when you need to perform lot of other tasks.

Please, don't be disrespectful on other's time availability. If you're not pleased, then prove you're a better release maintainer and step up.
Backport #5099: Backport r31875 load path performance problem
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/5099