Yehuda Katz <wycats / gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 4:07 PM, Eric Wong <normalperson / yhbt.net> wrote:
> > Yehuda Katz <wycats / gmail.com> wrote:
> > > * :read_would_block
> > > * :write_would_block
> > > * :eof
> >
> > Why :eof instead of nil?  IO#read already returns nil on EOF
>
> Interesting. I like this and will update the patch.

I'm also curious about :*_would_block vs the :wait_*able names used by
kgio.  I picked :wait_*able for kgio since the IO::Wait*able name is
already used by Ruby 1.9.2+ exceptions, so it's less of a jump.

I feel less strongly about these than nil for EOF, though it might help
with porting any kgio-using apps to newer code.

--
Eric Wong