Jeremy Evans wrote:
> Nobuyoshi Nakada wrote:
> >  At Wed, 27 Jul 2011 03:44:48 +0900,
> >  Jeremy Evans wrote in [ruby-core:38530]:
> >  > Attached is the make check output on OpenBSD amd64.  I'm also attaching a diff with the patches I used:
> >
> >  What is the reason to change ECHO1 in common.mk and so on?
> >  Does OpenBSD make fail to substitute with a text with a colon?
> >  Anyway, It doesn't seem to work when V=1.
>
> I spoke with the OpenBSD make maintainer and he said it's a bug in OpenBSD make.  So I guess there's no reason to change those files.  Sorry for the false positive.

: is a null command of sh, so an workaround can be replace @: with @true.
But unfortunately it can't be accepted because Windows don't have true.
So please replace it when you port it until OpenBSD make is fixed.
Feature #5097: Supported platforms of Ruby 1.9.3
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/5097