Jeremy Evans wrote:
> Attached is the make check output on OpenBSD amd64.  I'm also attaching a diff with the patches I used:
>
> * bootstraptest/test_thread.rb: Skip 2 tests. The first one appears to hang, the second crashes with a sigaltstack error.

signalstack error seems because of the lack of OpenBSD specific setting.
see thread_pthread.c:506 and edit it.

> * configure: Use -pthread instead of -lpthread when linking.  From OpenBSD man pages: "On OpenBSD, the -pthread option should be used to link threaded code, isolating the program from operating system details."

A patch should be for portable and for configure.in.

>   Use OpenBSD shared library naming convention (libruby19.so.1.0, as 1.9.2 used libruby19.so.0.0).

What is LIBruby19_VERSION?

>   Don't include OpenBSD version number in $arch.  OpenBSD version numbers do not have any relationship to API/ABI compatibility.

On *BSD/Mac OS X includes version to arch.
It seems independent from API/ABI compatibility.

> * ext/socket/lib/socket.rb: Don't check ipv6_recvpktinfo. This fixes a failure in one of the socket tests:

Why this fixes the problem?
We can't merge this without understanding.

> * test/fileutils/test_fileutils.rb: Add openbsd to the /freebsd|netbsd/ regexp.  Fixes:
> * test/ruby/test_process.rb: Add openbsd to the /freebsd/ regexp.  Fixes:
>
>     test_wait_and_sigchild(TestProcess) [/usr/obj/ports/ruby-1.9.3-p0/ruby-1.9.3-p0/test/ruby/test_process.rb:1205]:
>      [ruby-core:19744].
>     <[true]> expected but was
>     <[true, true]>.
>
>   Skip test_rlimit_nofile as it appears to hang.

Merged in r32707.

> Even with the attached patch, there are 5 failures. 3 failures are weird linking errors in the rake tests I don't understand ("ruby lib version (1.9.3) doesn't match executable version (1.9.4)").

Hmm, I don't know about it.

> 2 failures appear to be caused by using GNU make syntax in the makefiles.  On 1.9.2, BSD make was able to work with the makefiles, but starting on 1.9.3, it appears GNU make is required.  Either makefiles should use not use GNU extensions or ruby should use gmake instead of make on BSD systems.

It's strange because on FreeBSD and NetBSD, BSD make works correctly.
Feature #5097: Supported platforms of Ruby 1.9.3
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/5097