On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 4:24 PM, Eric Hodel <drbrain / segment7.net> wrote:
> On Jul 23, 2011, at 12:59 PM, Brian Candler wrote:
>> As far as I know, ruby 1.9's Encoding system is *still* lacking any offi=
cial documentation. I reversed-engineered and documented about 200 behaviou=
rs, by which point it was abundantly clear to me that I cannot bear to use =
it (and yet with 1.9 it cannot be avoided). Surely computing does not need =
to be so difficult!

> If you point me to the documentation (and consent) I will merge it into R=
uby.

I think this is his documentation:
https://github.com/candlerb/string19/blob/master/string19.rb

Current copyright is "all rights reserved", but I hope he will consent
to its use. :)