2011/7/20 Yehuda Katz <wycats / gmail.com>:

> I'm not sure how to do this work with a series of smaller patches. I
> considered it, but it was very difficult. There is no current maintainer of
> Net::HTTP - I would be willing to maintain it if my patch was accepted.
> Perhaps this makes a large change more acceptable?

For example, "{ }" to "do end", "def HTTP.foo" to "def self.foo",
document refinement for current methods can be separated.

Also, file separation makes difficult to review because
it makes "diff" doesn't work.
So file sparation should also be a separated patch.

Your work, https://github.com/wycats/net-http, contains such modifications.

Although net/http has no maintainer, it is not ignored.
I think nurse watch it at least.

> Yes, that is true. I am planning to add evented paths for all three
> operations, but the response was the biggest concern for me.

I see.

I guess HTTP POST is not trivial to make an API which is polymorphic to IO.
For example, the request data length is required for Content-Length before
sending the data.
--
Tanaka Akira