Issue #5054 has been updated by Ralph Corderoy.

Kurtis Rainbolt-Greene wrote:
> The `endwhile` and `endif` or `fi` solutions aren't *solutions* because they can't be used for block arguments for methods:

(Not "fi", please, awful!  :-)

You're correct.  It can't.  Although there would still seem to be many occasions when they are
useful and would save many "end"s.  Other than labelling the first method call and having an
"endlabel A" as mentioned above I can't see any obvious way to improve that.  An "endall"
might be useful some of the time, but would be more descriptive as "endmodule" or whatever
is needed at that point.  Often, you'd want to "end" lots of things but not all of them.
Feature #5054: Compress a sequence of ends
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/5054