On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 6:28 AM, Lazaridis Ilias <ilias / lazaridis.com>wrote:

> module MyModule
>  class MyClass
>    def my_method
>      10.times {   # "10.times do" would work, too
>        if rand < 0.5
>          p :small
>        }
>      }
>    }
>  }
> }

I can't say I like this proposal, or my own thoughts below, but I would
expect this, instead:

module MyModule {
 class MyClass {
   def my_method {
     10.times {   # "10.times do" would work, too
       if rand < 0.5 {
         p :small
       }
     }
   }
 }
}

This keeps things consistent with blocks, e.g. 10.times { ... }, and makes
sure there are matching pairs.

That said, seeing "class MyClass {" is too great a deviation from existing
Ruby syntax for me to find it acceptable, personally; one of the enjoyable
things about Ruby is the lack of line noise, and this would probably count
as noise added.