> To make this issue productive again:
>
> * please state the rationale for the use of tab-8/space-4 for a indent-4 project.

Historical reason.
Additional to say Ruby has some codes ported from other projects like *BSD, Oniguruma and so on.
Such codes keep its style to ease merging a new code.

> * please suggest a solution for simple tools, thus there's no need to use tab-8/space-4 manually.

Use emacs or vim or some good editor.

> At least, please let me know the rationale, thus I can write some documentation for people, thus they can accept it easier.

When you make a patch, the patch should be minimal.
It means not include cosmetic change; follow the style where you want to change.

> I've updated the project-documentation subjecting setup of Kommodo-IDE. Seems to be a "better editor", as it masters tab-space-insanity:
>
> ((<URL:http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/projects/ruby/wiki/DeveloperHowto#For-Komodo-IDE-52>))

Good document; if Kommodo-IDE supports per project setting it should be better editor.

Anyway you seems you don't know GNU Coding Standards; projects under GNU uses the standard and
won't merge patches which aren't follow it.
http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html
Bug #5034: C Source Code formatting
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/5034