Issue #5054 has been updated by markus heiler.

> I could write this:

module MyModule
  class MyClass
   [...]
    e e e

e e e e e

Bad suggestion as well. I tend to use
e for outputting a lot in a colourized form.

I usually do:

  alias e puts

or, with colours:

  alias e cme

cme() is a method which handles all my colourizing for all my ruby projects (locally)

I love being able to alias to e. Using e as a keyword would be terrible - I want to rather use "end" instead. Or, as said before, be able to omit the ends on a per file basis.
Feature #5054: Compress a sequence of ends
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/5054