Issue #5054 has been updated by Nick Howard.

I don't think this is a good idea because I think it makes code harder to modify correctly.

Say you wanted to add a new method to MyModule::MyClass. With the old syntax it's simple, just add a line below the method defined in the class body.

module MyModule
  class MyClass
    def my_method
      10.times do
        if rand < 0.5
          p :small

    def your_method
      p :something

with en+d, you now need to count the number of 'n's in the last en+d,
count the number of expressions in the method that need to be closed,
create a new en+d with that number,
and put the remainder at the end.
Then, write your method and add more 'n's to the final end to match up with the number of blocks you opened.

module MyModule
  class MyClass
    def my_method
      10.times do
        if rand < 0.5
          p :small
    ennnd

    def your_method
      p :something
ennnd
Feature #5054: Compress a sequence of ends
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/5054