On 19/07/11 12:27, Steve Klabnik wrote:

> Issue #5054 has been updated by Steve Klabnik.
>

> Yeah, I don't like this change. Mostly because that huge chain of
> ends is _supposed_ to look ugly; it reminds me that my code is far
> too nested, and should be reworked and written properly.

I disagree in this case. I don't see much here that could (or should)
reasonably be flattened: we've got a method with two nested scopes, in a
class in a namespace module. None of that (except *possibly* the inner
scope) is unreasonable to my eyes.

> I'd prefer bad code to look ugly.

In general I agree, but in this case I don't see the badness. Maybe
that's just me.

For what it's worth, I *also* think e(e+)nd/en(n+)d is silly, but on the
assumption that nobody would be forcing me to use it, the worst I can
say about it is:

  "'Did he type six ns, or only five?' Well, to tell the truth, in all
this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself..."

--
Alex