On Thu, 25 Nov 2004, Johan Holmberg wrote:

>>> _ Looking in config.h the macro
>>>
>>> SIZEOF_RLIM_T
>>>
>>> defined but without a specific value.
>>
>> Could you show the result about rlim_t in config.log file?
>>

> I think this is the problem with a too old autoconf (see the recent mails on
> that subject).
>
> What version of autoconf was the bug-submitter using?

Maybe I should give some more details.
On my FreeBSD I have the following situation with Ruby HEAD in CVS:

     $ ~/apps/autoconf-2.52/bin/autoconf
     $ ./configure
     $
     $ grep '^# Generated by' configure
     $ # Generated by Autoconf 2.52.
     $ grep SIZEOF_RLIM_T config.h
     #define SIZEOF_RLIM_T                   <--- no value !!!
     $
     $  rm configure ; /usr/local/bin/autoconf && ./configure
     $ grep '^# Generated by.*Autoconf' configure
     # Generated by GNU Autoconf 2.53.
     $ grep SIZEOF_RLIM_T config.h
     #define SIZEOF_RLIM_T 8                 <--- a value !!!
     $

That was the direct reason I proposed a change in "configure.in" to
"AC_PREREQ(2.53)" yesterday.

/Johan Holmberg