Issue #4893 has been updated by Lazaridis Ilias.

Lazaridis Ilias wrote:
[...]
> I've found the "(singleton_)method_added/removed/undefined group of call-backs, those should be usable to implement the last step (automated activation/deactivation of the flag).

Although it's possible to automatically  activate/deactivate the flag, it seems preferable to require that this is done explicitly by the user.

The explicit setting of "String.call_initialize = true|false" ensures that a users knows what he's doing, and that he is aware about the involved speed loss.

The patch "String_call_initialize_v3b.diff" is the suggested final version.

Bug #4893: Literal Instantiation breaks Object Model
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/4893