Issue #4970 has been reported by Thomas Sawyer.

Feature #4970: FileUtils refactored
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/4970

Author: Thomas Sawyer
Assignee:
Category:
Target version: 1.9.x

I've been working with FileUtils a good bit, and concluded it could use some refactoring to make the code clearer and easier to work with. Here is the pull request:

  https://github.com/ruby/ruby/pull/30

Essentially, I have removed the method definition loops that occur at the end of the script and replaced them with a simple call (`define_command`) made for each command as it is defined. This allowed me to use `extend self` all the way through, rather than having to use `module_function` in FileUtils and `extend self` in the Verbose, NoWrite and DryRun "submodules".

--
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org