Lazaridis Ilias wrote:
> Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> > Introducing a new global status is a very bad idea.  It doesn't work well with threads.
>
> All threads share the same (global) instance of the String class object, thus the flag "call_initialize" is naturally global.

So that means the whole idea of having call_initialize is a very bad idea, from my point of view.

> Why do you place the issue again on "reject", instead of awaiting the final implementation?

I ask you to show us a concrete description of you request.  You have shown the basic outline of your idea by a patch, which appeared to be a bad idea.  As a natural consequence, I rejected.  Show me the outline of your so-called "final implementation", by working code, not by words in vain.  Then I will "resurrect" the issue again, I promise.

matz.

Bug #4893: Literal Instantiation breaks Object Model
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/4893