Issue #4893 has been updated by Lazaridis Ilias.

Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:
> Introducing a new global status is a very bad idea.  It doesn't work well with threads.

All threads share the same (global) instance of the String class object, thus the flag "call_initialize" is naturally global.

> Besides that, it makes program behavior more complex and less understandable.

I've described the final implementation, which makes "call_initialize" an internal implementation detail, completely hidden from the user.

Currently, I wanted a confirmation that the patch works *technically*, thus I can go on to the next step  (= incremental design/implementation).

> It's not acceptable for new addition.

Why do you place the issue again on "reject", instead of awaiting the final implementation?

Bug #4893: Literal Instantiation breaks Object Model
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/4893