Issue #4896 has been updated by Shugo Maeda.

Hiroshi Nakamura wrote:
> My bad, I though curses does not have a maintainer, so I moved this out from 1.9.3.
> Shugo, please handle this.
>
> 1.9.3 feature is said to be freezed by Yugui, so it should be delayed to 1.9.4 in general. But all scheduled milestones are delaying so there might be a chance to be included in 1.9.3.

The patch looks good, but I can't decide it should be included in 1.9.3 or not.
I defer to Yugui's judgement.
Feature #4896: Add newpad() support to Curses
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/4896

Author: Eric Hodel
Assignee: Shugo Maeda
Category: ext
Target version: 1.9.3

The ruby curses library lacks support for scrolling regions via newpad().  This patch adds support for newpad() as a subclass of Curses::Window.

May I apply it?

--
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org