http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/3906

Author: Robby Dhillon
Assignee: Hiroshi Nakamura
Category: core
Target version: 1.9.3
ruby -v: ruby 1.9.2p0 (2010-08-18) [i386-mingw32]

=begin
 Initializing and loading Rails environment takes really long on Windows XP.  I experience anywhere from 45secs to 2mins.  After consulting a few people, I was told that it's a Ruby I/O issue on Windows.  There's even a plugin to help mitigate this very long load time @ http://github.com/rdp/faster_require.  Please see if there's anything that can be done to resolve this issue. Thanks!
=end

--
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org