Hi,

In message "Re: Fixnum#clone and Float#clone raise different exceptions"
    on Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:12:30 +0900, "David A. Black" <dblack / wobblini.net> writes:

|Just replying to myself, in the hope of triggering response from Matz
|and others....  This glitch is actually looming fairly large in
|ActiveRecord's clone facility, which stumbles on Floats.

Hmm, do you mean the fact that clone fails for Numbers etc?

There are two possible behavior for clone:

  * fails for objects whose cloning is meaningless, such as immediates
    (Fixnums, Symbols), and immutables.

  * clone silently gives the receiver for un-clonable objects.

Both have their own pros and cons.  I took the former, but there might
be still room for discussion.

							matz.