Status changed from Open to Feedback

Bug #4517: ArgumentError when sorting array of objects
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/4517

Author: Milo Thurston
Assignee:
Category:
Target version:
ruby -v: 1.9.2p180

=begin
I've got some Rails (v. 3.0.4) code wherein an array of objects (referred to as 'Thing' here) need to be sorted:

stuff = array of Things
stuff.sort! {|a,b| a.value <=> b.value }

¡Äwhere value is a String.
On Ruby 1.9.2p136 the array "stuff" is sorted successfully, but running the same code on 1.9.2p180 I get the following error:

ArgumentError (comparison of Thing with Thing failed)

I can reproduce the error in the console as well as when running the Rails application.
Thanks for taking a look.
=end

--
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org