Status changed from Open to Assigned
Assignee set to Shugo Maeda

Bug #1152: profiler.rb is not concurrent-execution threadsafe
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/1152

Author: Charles Nutter
Assignee: Shugo Maeda
Category:
Target version:
ruby -v: all versions 1.8.6 and up

=begin
 The library profiler.rb uses class variables to store data without wrapping them in mutexes. On current C Ruby, this may only rarely cause a problem, but as more and more code is allowed to run in parallel it's going to lead to issues. If I or other JRuby community members have a chance, we'll try to make it thread-safe, but I wanted to file this issue to ensure it's out there.

 The library is also largely unchanged in 1.9.1.

 See http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/JRUBY-2133 for the (admittedly sparse) JRuby issue.
=end

--
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org