On Jun 22, 2011, at 5:41 AM, Benoit Daloze wrote:
> On 22 June 2011 07:46, Martin Bosslet <Martin.Bosslet / googlemail.com> =
wrote:
>> Some tests for OpenSSL inherited from Minitest::Unit::TestCase =
instead of
>> Test::Unit::TestCase. To be consistent, all tests should probably =
inherit from
>> Test::Unit::TestCase (cf. [ruby-core:37275]).
>=20
> I believe some tests using MiniTest are intended to do so.
>=20
> If it's just a few using MiniTest against a lot using Test for a
> particular library, it might be interesting to normalize, but I think
> it is fine as is too.
>=20
> Remember they are not drop-in replacement, notably MiniTest run the
> tests in random order.
>=20
>> I would scan through all tests in Ruby core and replace direct =
Minitest references
>> except where absolutely required (rubygems, rdoc).
>>=20
>> Please let me know if there are other cases where the direct =
reference to Minitest
>> is mandatory.
>=20
> A quick `ack -l --invert-file-match -G 'rdoc|rubygems' MiniTest test` =
gives:
>=20
> test/runner.rb
>  It's for "class Gem::TestCase < MiniTest::Unit::TestCase". So, for =
rubygems.
>  I think it should be in some helper file rather than in runner.rb
>=20
> To Rubygems maintainers:
> Why is Gem::TestCase defined in test/runner.rb rather than some helper
> file in test/rubygems ?

Gem::TestCase is defined in lib/rubygems/test_case.rb (for reuse by =
RubyGems plugins and extensions).  I imagine it is also defined in =
test/runner.rb to fix some problem when loading the combined test suite.

> test/testunit/test_rake_integration.rb
> test/testunit/tests_for_parallel/misc.rb
>  I think the references to MiniTest are intended, these tests being
> about integration of MiniTest and Test.

I've been working on brining rake 0.9.2 into ruby trunk and it will =
switch to MiniTest::Unit::TestCase=