Issue #4237 has been updated by Hiroshi NAKAMURA.

Aaron, I'm sorry for late response, but can you point the original report of this issue? The link 'http://intertwingly.net/blog/2010/12/07/SQLite3-CorruptException-database-disk-image-is-malformed' looks not related to openssl. Am I misunderstanding something?
Bug #4237: SSL_shutdown should be called until it returns 0
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/4237

Author: Aaron Patterson
Assignee: Hiroshi NAKAMURA
Category:
Target version:
ruby -v: ruby 1.9.3dev (2011-01-06 trunk 30471) [x86_64-darwin10.5.0]

=begin
 The documentation says SSL_shutdown should be called until it returns 0.  I believe this was causing heap corruption that can be demonstrated through the steps listed here:

   http://intertwingly.net/blog/2010/12/07/SQLite3-CorruptException-database-disk-image-is-malformed

 make sure you use Ruby r30293 or earlier.  I believe r30294 only fixed a symptom is it closes the SSL socket twice (once from the call to `close` and once again during GC).

 Please note that Sam sees the problem because postfix is establishing a TLS connection.
=end

--
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org