Issue #4893 has been updated by Lazaridis Ilias.

Konstantin Haase wrote:
> On Jun 16, 2011, at 18:42 , Lazaridis Ilias wrote:
>  > You should reread the description, experiment a little, and take some time to respond.
>
>  To rephrase what Magnus said:
>  Where does the object passed to initialize come from? How has that object been initialized?

"How has that 'uninitialized object' been allocated?" would be the question.

String#allocate (either called directly or via String#new)

http://www.ruby-doc.org/core/classes/Class.html#M000178

Those are basics.

The issue is, that after the allocation, the *redefined* initialized should be called.

-

There is a public topic available, with some elaborations:

CORE - Literal Instantiation breaks Object Model
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.lang.ruby/browse_frm/thread/fd00b89dc6d3a7fa#
http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/1893190#new

Bug #4893: Literal Instantiation breaks Object Model
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/4893