Hello all.
I've been interested in awhile in making a centralized way for users
to have access to more ruby documentation.

Currently we have quite a bit of "rdoc" in the core, which is great,
but doesn't include a lot of "fuller" longer-length tutorials.
I would posit that having more documentation available (the existing
plus these longer tutorials) would help the ruby community out, and be
desirable.
So the question is how to implement this.
1) We could copy long tutorials into the core source code [a la rdoc].
 This would clutter code a bit, and also isn't quite as easy to
contribute to.
2) We could "bless" some outside location that contains [preferably
user-editable] documentation tutorials.  For this I would like to
propose that we "bless" the following:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ruby_Programming  By "blessing" I mean
allowing links to tutorials located there from within the source code
rdoc.

Ex: under the "Enumerator class" add a link like "to see tutorials for
this class, please go to
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Ruby_Programming/Reference/Objects/Enumerable"

The benefits here is that it is an easy to use/edit tutorial, and it
keeps the core rdocs from getting cluttered, so I think it would be
helpful.  Using wikibooks is nice because the maintenance is low and
the server won't be going away anytime soon.

Would anybody be opposed to links as demonstrated like this?

Cheers!
-roger-