http://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/4614

Author: Eric Wong
Assignee: Koichi Sasada
Category: core
Target version: 1.9.x

=begin
The patch (committed) for Issue #4568 made this change possible.

Lowering stack size allows users on memory-constrained 32-bit
machines to spawn more native threads (which are easier (IMHO)
to use than Fibers).

Setting RUBY_STACK_MIN_LIMIT to 48K seems to work even with
check, test-rubyspec, and benchmark-each targets.  However, I'm
keeping it at 64K since that is what Symbian uses, so maybe
there's some code paths that need 64K.

I started experiencing failures with the Ruby tests with 44K on
x86_64, so 44K is definitely not safe.  Much more effort would
be required to make Ruby work with smaller stacks than 48K.

Also pullable via git: git pull git://bogomips.org/ruby.git stack-reduce

=end

--
http://redmine.ruby-lang.org