On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 7:09 AM, Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas
<rr.rosas / gmail.com> wrote:

> Issue #4824 has been updated by Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas.
>

> Ruby allows a question mark in method names exactly for avoiding writing methods beggining with "is_" like in Java. I don't mind two word methods, but I don't want the first word to be a "is" when it is finished with a question mark. That is redundant.
>
> By the way, among suggestions, I prefer either main? or main_script?. Maybe aliases :)

I like main? as well. But I have a concern: the method would have to
be able to see the caller's context, along the lines of eval. I *hate*
the idea of adding more methods that can do that.

I might be more inclined to a keyword or pseudo constant along the
lines of __FILE__, like __MAIN__ that produces true iff __FILE__ ==
$0. Something we can statically determine before runtime without
digging around in the caller's frame.

- Charlie