Em 07-06-2011 05:14, Haase, Konstantin escreveu:
> How will that work with require? Remember it will only load the file once. Return false otherwise? (Which would be kinda compatible with the current behavior and using raise/throw). Or should those values be cached? If you want to use require CommonJS-style, it has to be cached. But what about return values that depend on or provoke side effects? Should files support early return?

I was thinking about that yesterday, but I have no idea how this should
work. If an aborted required should return true or false. Or a value
defined by the return, like:

return :aborted if should_abort?

Or if require should accept some block as:

require('some/file'){|return_value| do_something_with return_value }

Really, I have no idea about this!

Best regards,

Rodrigo.