ts wrote:

> J> Thanks for the suggestions, Brian. Any other ideas? How do Perl or
> J> Python deal with pthreads? Any chance a clue could be gleaned from those?
>
>  Well, try to look if it don't exist a bad interaction on HP/UX between
>  setjmp/longjmp and pthread (know problem ???). This seems really specific
>  to HP/UX

I haven't seen any such reports, which surprised me. In particular, it
appears that Oracle uses pthread, and it runs without problems on HPUX
(we use it in production, with--at peak times--millions of hits per day
to our DB servers) Of course, Oracle may not be using setjmp/longjmp.

I'll try to write  a small C program to see if I can duplicate the
problem that way.

Thanks for the suggestions.

--
Jamis Buck