Hello,

2011/5/31 Xavier Shay <xavier-list / rhnh.net>:
>>> rb_ary_push( rb_gv_get( "$LOADED_FEATURES" ), require_name );
>>
> It seems that amalgalite is the only extension to do this in that search.
> While I realise that doesn't cover everything, it seems the impact is
> perhaps small? Would it be possible to instead work with the maintainer to
> fix, and publicize this change. It seems and odd API to be supporting.

I don't think so.  When I try to add a path into $LOADED_FEATUES
by extension library, rb_ary_push is the first way that came to
mind.

2011/5/31 Xavier Shay <xavier-list / rhnh.net>:
> 1.8 actually does exhibit the same performance curve, just over a greater
> value of N. See this graph (x-axis doubled from other benchmarks)

Hmm... Okay.  However, it is hard to fix this issue in 1.9.x,
I think.
To be honestly, $LOADED_FEATURES as an array is uncool, or even
considered as a "specification bug", though.

>> I tried your patch and test in https://gist.github.com/985224
>> on Ubuntu.
>> I could confirm that trunk is twice slower than 1.9.2p180.
>> But I couldn't confirm that the speed up by your patch.
>> I also performed the same benchmark after "gem install rails",
>> but there is no difference.
>
> In that case perhaps it is related to the CASEFOLD_FILESYSTEM? I have been
> benchmarking on OSX.

I see!

> A related change was reverted recently in r31692.

Then, is there no problem in os x now?

--
Yusuke Endoh <mame / tsg.ne.jp>