I also disagree that ruby hashes should be with indifferent access. Even if i=
t was since the beginning.

Also, the general impression that Rails accepts symbols and strings everywhe=
re is false. If you try to give strings as keys to methods like has_many, it=
 won't work. The only places where we accept both types are in params and co=
okies and we do that as a security measure. If we automatically converted su=
ch keys to symbols, someone could use it to cause a DoS attack.

Overall, I agree with the proposed syntax and with the behavior that it shou=
ld return a symbol. For consistency, I also think interpolation should be al=
lowed when double quotes are used.=